Office 365 in CanvasInstructure highlights seven points of interoperability with Office 365:
- Sign in with O365
- Add & embed docs to modules
- Create & upload files directly from O365
- Cloud Assignment
- Office Add-in
- OneNote Class notebook
cK-12 in CanvasThe #edtech content provider cK12.org offers a great variety of math and science content for grades since 2016. You may not even realize all the quality content available for you to easily add to your Canvas course. cK-12 is an open educational resource (OER) non-profit organization dedicated to increasing access to high-quality K-12 STEM education materials. CK-12 offers free high-quality, standards-aligned, open content in the STEM subjects through an integrated set of tools for learning including digital textbooks, concept-based learning resources, simulations, interactive practice and more. All content is created and curated by teachers, for teachers and students. You can embed cK-12 into your Canvas Assignments and enjoy grade pass-back to your Canvas grade book. This video leaves out assigning 10 points to the Assignment, but everything else is an accurate representation of the steps to inserting this quality content into your Canvas course:
- Click on the course Assignments tab in the course navigation pane
- On the Assignments page, click the blue button +Assignments
- Name the assignment
- Assign 10 (or other as appropriate) points
- Scroll down to the Submission Type box in the middle of the Edit page.
- Select External Tool
- In the Enter or find and External Tool URL field, click on the Find button
- Scroll to CK-12
- Once the external tool launches, select the topic (e.g., Trigonometry)
- Select the subtopic (e.g., Polar System and Complex Numbers)
- Select the lesson (e.g., Intersections of Polar Curves)
- Click Add
- Click Select
- Finish any other editing you want and click Save or Save and Publish
Canvas Training offered through the 2018-19 School YearThe subscription service of live webinars on Canvas topics offered this summer – Canvas Training – has been extended through this school year! The training is live webinars with question and answer is staffed by Canvas experts who can help gain a deeper understanding of Canvas. This subscription now runs now to June 30th. This will continue as a link under the Help menu in Canvas. If you want to sign up now, please follow the directions below:
- Visit the Training Account Creation page and sign up for an account using your district email
- After creating your account, log into the Training Portalusing your newly created credentials
- For faster access, click ?/Help on the far left ribbon and select Canvas Training.
- You should now see a calendar of available training sessions which you can sign up for at any time
- Our Getting Started in Subscription Training Guide (below) explains our different training series, as well as the recommended training curriculum for a variety of roles (admin, K12 instructor, support etc.)
- To explore the full listing of our training offerings and download training agendas, please see our Offerings Space
Summer 2018: Level up your Blended Learning ClassroomIn our third year of a Blended Learning June offering, we are excited to have funding for 150 Hall County teachers to receive a $450 stipend upon successful completion before June 22nd. This year we are able to further customize the participant experience. To “level up” your Blended Learning classroom participants select and collect 100 points. Canvas Beginners please plan to attend one 3-hour face-to-face Canvas training session on May 30th (AM or PM) as part of your course requirements. Sign up via Catalog. If you are on the Wait List, please be patient and remember to check your email through the first week of the course for any openings!
Subscription Changes 2018-19In a continual effort to limit subscriptions with low usage and offer in-demand subscriptions we have adjusted some of our subscriptions:
- Nettrekker is not being renewed for 2018-19
- HooNuIt/Atomic Learning is not bein renewed for 2018-19.
- FlipGrid is being purchased district-wide for 2018-19.
- Nearpod is moving from limited to district-wide licenses in n2018-19.
- High School Databases: Gale’s Science in Context and Interactive Science are available through Canvas and available to all 9-12 students in 2018-19.